Saturday, June 21, 2008

When I Grow Up...

Do you remember when you were a little kid and the big question was "What do you want to be when you grow up..."? I'd always answer something fabulous like a doctor or lawyer not realizing you had to go to college for like 8 years to be one of those! I actually did start college as a pre-med major, but after a few biology classes and a cat dissection I quickly realized it wasn't for me.

I haven't finished college...yet....as I chose to get married and have a family. I tried to go back to school after the birth of my first daughter, but after I had twins I had to give it up for a while (its been 6 years).

The point is that we may have all had a career that we always dreamed of that never quite became a reality. BUT....should that keep us from doing something that we enjoy? Of course not, but it is hard to find a job that you are going to enjoy especially if you want to work from home. As they are looking through my job listings many people ask, "which one would be a good fit for me"? While I may not have the answer to this question for everyone, I thought I would suggest a simple job personality quiz to get you started. There are many out there on the internet, but this one from Monster.com is short and easy. Give it a try! http://resources.monster.com/tools/quizzes/perfectcareer/

I hope you are all able to find a job that you truly LOVE to do!

Good Luck on your job search!

-Misty

No comments: