Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise...

It's late and I'm very tired, so today's blog is gonna be short and sweet (and a little sour.)

Some of you may have heard the country song, "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar....I feel like this is my life today.

For starters, I am up at 12:17am writing my blog : ) My four year old son is sick and has a high fever. My house has toys strewn from one end to the other not to mention my laundry that is quickly piling up. I took my two oldest daughters to playgroup today just to get out of the house for a while. At least I got some adult interaction. (other than dear hubby) After lunch, I took my oldest daughter to get her school uniform only to learn that they are only offering the 10% discount online, so I decided to wait and save a whopping $10!

When I returned home, sadly the magic house fairy had not visited. (I need to call her) I threw a tasty frozen pizza in the oven, fed the kids, and gave the sauce covered baby a bath. I sat her down on my bed, wrapped in a towel, while I grabbed a diaper. As I went to put it on her, my bed was oddly wet. She had peed! All over my brand new feather mattress pad which is still drying, so I must sleep without it.

Over all, it wasn't the greatest day ever, but I guess it could have been much worse. I must confess today was just one of those days where I was thinking "they're lucky I love 'em." : )

Here's hoping tomorrow WILL be paradise!
-Misty

No comments: