Thursday, June 19, 2008

Starbucks is Sounding Pretty Good

If you work from home, you probably already know how hard it can be. I am married to a wonderful man, but he doesn't seem to realize just how tired I am. I have been staying up late for the last few days trying to get some work done, and of course my one year old daughter still gets up with the sun everyday. I heard her crying this morning, and went to retrieve her from her bed. I brought her back to my bed hoping she would lay there for just a few moments while I closed my eyes. Instead I heard "nose, nose" while having my nose pinched with her wet fingers that had just been in her mouth. What a wonderful way to wake up every morning! Don't get me wrong I love these little moments with her, but I almost certain I would enjoy them much more if I had more than 6 hours of sleep.

Now most of you (especially men) are probably saying, why don't you just go to bed earlier? Oh, I only wish that were a possibility! Besides having chores to do at night and trying to find time to take care of myself (shower), I am also trying to work full time from home (in part time hours). I have been going to bed around midnight every night for the past few days trying to get ahead on some work. My dear hubby falls asleep watching TV around 8pm, but somehow is still snoring at 6am when the baby is poking on his eyes. (She just learned all her body parts)

I'm really not trying to complain. I'm just saying it would be nice to wake up around 10am just once and see that the Starbucks fairy had visited.



Happy Working From Home!



-Misty

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish i had more time in my day.

Rachel said...

I Know Exactly What Your Talking About And Just Imagine What It Would Be Like If You Multiplied That Number By 3. With 4 Kids, I Haven't Slept Late Since I Was A Teen...lol Wouldn't It Be Nice If We Had A Sleepytime Fairy? lol

Unknown said...

I have to comment. I have the same mornings here. My 17 month old is up before the chickens, but with me i had just gone to bed at 3am because the night is the only time i can get work done with my 4 kids running around. So I really feel your pain and Joys.
Valery
http://addicted2deals.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have to say that that is my morning every morning. I have four kids and the only time I can work is late nights so when I crawl into bed or fall asleep on the couch with my laptop in my lap at 3am and the baby is up before the chickens. I want to cry sometimes. I feel your pain and joys.
Valery